Comic book fans, listen up.
Barnabas Health Hospice and Palliative Care Center is hosting.
The event, which will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., will also include a lecture series titled, “Get Into Comics.” The event takes place at the Barnabas Health Corporate Office, 95 Old Short Hills Road in West Orange.
Admission is free, but pre-registration is required to attend any of the “Get Into Comics” presentations. If interested, email Spiro Ballas at email@example.com.
Proceeds will benefit patients and families that BHHPCC serves.
More than 300 boxes of comic books will be on sale, from Archie to Vertigo, including books for children and adults. Also on sale will be graphic novels, trading cards and action figures.
Scheduled to appear are:
- Paul Castiglia – Writer/Editor most notably with Archie Comics
- Joey Endres – Artist, creator of Collosians
- Tom Hall – Writer of Robot 13 and King!
- Rick Parker – Artist of Papercutz Slices’ Harry Potty and The Deathly Boring, Breaking Down (a parody of Twilight), Percy Jerkson and the Ovolactovegetarians and The Hunger Pains…And, “yes,” of the 80’s Bevis & Butthead comic released by Marvel.
- Erica Shultz – Writer of M3
Also featured is the Get Into Comics Lecture Series:
- From Batman to Scooby Doo: Imaging Your Idols By Alex Simmons (11:00 a.m. to noon)
- The My-Way Highway...How to Independently Publish A Comic Book By Don E. Smith, Jr. (12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Digital Comics: Changing Our Medium...For the Better? By Christian Rubiano (2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- The Auteur Theory of Comics By Arlen Schumer (3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)