West Orange will receive $351,352 in Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) for township improvements, according to a press release last week by Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo Jr.
The grants are as follows:
● Township of West Orange Main Street Counseling - Mental Health Services, $10,000
● Erwin Place Reconstruction, $132,000
● Liberty Street Reconstruction, $40,000
● Ridge Avenue Reconstruction, $52,352
● Kling Street Reconstruction, $117,000
The township will also receive a non-profit project grant for $9,480 for parking lot and sidewalk paving for the Valley Settlement House.
West Orange is among 16 Essex County municipalities to receive the grants.
A total of $4.4 million was distributed Tuesday through the CDBG program, which is funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and administered by the Essex County Division of Housing and Community Development.
“Programs supported through the CDBG programs are direct investments to provide services that enhance our quality of life and help stabilize our neighborhoods by modernizing our infrastructure,” DiVincenzo said in the release.