Find out what is happening around town this week in the West Orange Patch's weekly calendar.
Know of something in town that is not listed? Then post it in the comment section below! This calendar is intended to be a place where residents can pin up their own events, fundraisers, programs, meetings, club gatherings, hobby/interest groups, and so on.
• The Open Space Commission will meet at 7 p.m. in town hall, 66 Main St.
• A memorial service for those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, will take place at the in Liberty State Park, 1 Audrey Zapp Drive, Jersey City, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The 9/11 Empty Sky Memorial Program will feature Senator Frank Lautenberg, and Don Smith, the executive director of the New Jersey Hall of Fame. There will be a musical performance by Kristian Rex and his band.
• A memorial service will be held to remember those who died on 9/11 at 8 a.m. at the September 11 Memorial in .
Essex County Remembers will be a solemn ceremony to mark the eleventh anniversary of the tragedies in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania.
The brief program will include family members who lost a loved one, elected officials, and clergy members from diverse religious faiths.
Memorial wreaths will be laid at the monument and a new American flag will be raised. A string quartet will perform selections of music at the memorial site after the ceremony until 2 p.m.
• The West Orange Township Council will convene at 7 p.m. in town hall, 66 Main St.
• will have Back to School Night starting at 7:15 p.m. at the school, 36 Gilbert Place.
• The Downtown Alliance will meet at 6:30 p.m. in town hall, 66 Main St.
• will have Back to School Night starting at 7 p.m. at the school, 75 William St.
• The Public Relations Commission will meet at 6 p.m. at town hall, 66 Main St.
• Mayor Robert Parisi will have open office hours starting at 6:30 p.m. in his office at town hall, 66 Main St. Residents are encouraged to drop by to discuss township issues with the mayor.
• will have Back to School Night starting at 7 p.m. at the school, 1 Kelly Drive.
• Vendors for the weekly farmers market will set up shop behind town hall, 66 Main St., between noon and 6 p.m.
Have an event, fundraiser or organization meeting this week? Post it on the Patch in the comment section below.