A mandatory curfew will begin tonight as West Orange continues its cleanup efforts after Hurricane Sandy.
The curfew will stretch from 6 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m Thursday morning, and will be in place until further notice. Township residents are asked to remain indoors during that time.
West Orange Public Schools are also closed Thursday and Friday.
Additional West Orange Updates
• Garbage and bulk trash collection resumes Thursday.
• There is no boil water advisory in town. Residents may however experience low water pressure or discoloration.
• For non-emergencies and downed wires, call the West Orange Police Department at (973) 325-4000.
• Storm-related debris should be on the curb, but it must be separated from leaves. The township will not pick up large tree limbs, stumps, tree trunks or whole trees. If a tree has fallen on or near your property and you are unsure if it belongs to the town, please call West Orange Public Works at 973-325-4067.
• Halloween has been postponed until Monday, Nov. 5.
• Jitney bus service is suspended until further notice.