As we look ahead to November’s elections, West Orange Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race that will impact the town. There are plenty of races for you to vote in. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Essex County Sheriff: Sheriff Armando Fontoura, a Democrat, will square off against Orlando Mendez in November.
- 10th Congressional District: Donald Payne Jr., the Newark Council President and the son of the deceased congressman bearing the same name will square off against Republican Brian C. Keleman of Bayonne in November to represent parts of Essex — including West Orange —, Hudson and Union counties.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.
- West Orange School Board: Incumbents Michelle Casalino and Paul Petigrow try to hold on to their West Orange Board of Education seats against challengers Ronald Charles, Adam Kraemer and Joseph Sorbino.