West Orange police are investigating a series of burglaries in the township including a Sunday, March 3 burglary of a Pleasant Valley Way residence in which the thieves made off with more than $2,000 worth of property, officials said.
According to the police, the resident reported the home was broken into between 6:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The owner reported the following items were stolen:
- Acoustic guitar, valued at $450
- Electric guitar, valued at $200
- 32-inch flat screen television, valued at $700
- DVDs, valued at $350
- Digital camera, valued at $375
- Gas blower, valued at $170
Police also are investigating a Feb. 25 incident in which a Blackstock Road residence was broken into after the owner returned home from work at about 6 p.m. In that incident more than $3,000 in electronics and medicine were stolen along with two watches, totalling $4,900.
On Feb. 28, police said a group home on Merrywood Drive run by the Development Disabilities Association of New Jersey, was burglarized.
The manager of the home told police at 3 p.m. the burglar entered through a unlocked window and stole a 13-inch television, valued at $50, and a 19-flatscreen, valued at $120, from a bedroom.
West Orange police also reported:
- an attempted burglary to a Glenside Drive residence on March 3 at about 3:15 p.m.
- an attempted burglary to Whitney Dry Cleaner's and Krauzer’s at 2 Central Ave. on Feb. 26 at about 12 a.m.