West Orange police say the arrest of two 23-year-old West Orange men who were caught trespassing at West Orange High School last week may prove more valuable than just simple trespassing charges.
Justin Chase and Lance Ogunwale were arrested for trespassing while walking through a parking lot at the high school around 4:30 a.m., police said.
When police searched Chase and Ogunwale, the officers found items stolen from 10 cars in town.
Items found that police were able to confirm as stolen included:
- Three GPS units and $70 from four cars on Buckingham Road
- Three GPS units and bottles of prescription medicine from three cars on Mount Vernon Avenue.
- Prescription medicine from a car on Glenside Drive.
- A wallet from a car on Elmwood Avenue.
- A GPS from a car on Mount Pleasant Avenue.
Police also recovered the following items, but the owners couldn't be found:
- Four GPS units
- Four wrist watches
- Digital camera
- $290 in cash and $44.33 in change
- Five cellular phones
- Bottle of perfume
- Three pairs of sunglasses and one pair of prescription glasses
- Visor Bluetooth
- 10 different cellphone chargers
- An earring
- Two earpieces
- Black change purse
- Bottle opener
Chase and Ogunwale were charged with trespassing, conspiracy, 10 counts of burglary, eight counts of theft and three counts of possession. Both were given a court date of Thursday, Feb. 28. Bail was set at $100,000 with no 10 percent option.
The investigation is continuing.