Kara Alongi Investigation Ongoing, State Police Release Her 911 Call

In her 911 call from a rest stop on the Turnpike, Alongi maintains she had been abducted, stating a black man forced her from her home.

There are still more questions than answers when it comes to Kara Alongi, the 16-year-old Arthur L. Johnson junior who tweeted "There is somone in my hour ecall 911" before leaving her home voluntarily on Sept 30.

Alongi's tweet sparked a frenzied search across the Twitterverse, with #HelpFindKara trending worldwide just hours after she disappeared. Police later discovered that Alongi had left home voluntarily, taking a cab and then a train from Rahway train station. Two days later on Oct. 2, Alongi was found safe and unharmed after she called 911 from the John Fenwick rest stop on the Turnpike near exit 1.

Clark Police are still investigating where Alongi went and why and have yet to close the case. The Alongi family has also kept quiet. But Alongi's 911 call reveals that the teen still insisted she had been abducted, stating a black man came into her home and told her she had to take a cab and meet someone.

In the call, a State Trooper asks Alongi when she was taken.

She responds: "A few days ago I was inside and some guy came and made me go. ... I was in my house and some guy came in and told me that I had to do all this stuff. And I was on a bus and now I’m here....I don't know his name, but he was black and he said he was, like, 28."

When the officer asks her to explain what happened, Alongi says, "He told me I had to go into a cab and I had to meet someone, but I don’t remember where I was."

He asks where they went from there. Alongi responds, "There was a cab at my house and I went in and then I went into the train station and then I don’t remember where I was. ... And I woke up today in, I don't know, somewhere, it was like the country [muffled], and now I’m here."

Alongi later says her abductor eventually put her on the bus that took her to the rest stop and also told her that he would come after her if she tried to get away or call anyone. Alongi also tells the officer she tried to reach out to her family while she was gone, saying she sent her mother an email but wasn't sure if she received it.

The call ends when a trooper arrives to pick up Alongi and she goes to meet him. (Listen to the full call by clicking the video in our gallery, right.)

Regardless of Alongi's claims, Clark Police Chief Alan Scherb says the department stands by its assertion that Alongi was not abducted. Scherb says the investigation remains ongoing and could not reveal why the investigation has taken so long.

As of yet, Alongi has not been charged with a crime, though Scherb previously told Patch she could potentially be charged with creating a false public alarm.

Patch has received many emails asking for further updates on this story; we will release more information as it becomes available.

Be the first to know. Stay up to the minute on the latest Clark and Garwood news by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter and subscribing to our newsletter.


UPDATE, Wednesday, 11 a.m.:

UPDATED: Clark PD Searching for Missing Girl Who Tweeted 'Call 911'

Angela Mcmillan January 05, 2013 at 02:30 PM
that little girl is petrified.shes not lieing.shes telling the truth.shes upset and confused.you can hear her voice shake.
Angela Mcmillan January 05, 2013 at 02:34 PM
i hope they done a rape kit on her and drug test for date rape drug.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »