If you’ve found that interviewers see your experience, education, or former salary as a reason not to hire you, attendance at this workshop is essential. Career expert Andrea C. Santiago will share strategies for turning the negative label of “overqualified” into a positive asset. This can lead to increased opportunities for both the job seeker and the employer.
You will learn:
- Why taking time to reevaluate your career and goals for the future will aid greatly in your job search
- How to effectively position your skills and experience
- Techniques for answering tough interview questions
- Ways to take advantage of available resources
- How networking is a most valuable asset in the job search process
- And much more!
The workshop will be specially broadcast to the Library over the Internet on Wednesday, August 29 at 2pm. Click here to reserve your spot.
A professional recruiter for over ten years, Andrea C. Santiago is the Guide to Health Careers for About.com, where she has contributed numerous articles on career advancement and job searching. Her work has been featured on WNYC,
JobRadio.fm, WSTR-94 FM, and WXIA-TV, and has also been cited by Fox News, the Associated Press, the Washington Examiner, and Forbes.com.
Questions? Contact our Reference Department at 973-736-0196 or use the chat feature on our website.