Kittens do not get more adorable than this week's featured feline.
This young cat is a male with gray with white markings. He has his distemper and rabies vaccinations, and is ready to find his forever home because a cage is no place for a kitten to grow up.
This Saturday is the Animal Welfare League's first pet adoption day of the month. Come visit this cat and other animals between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday at 311 Watchung Ave. (behind the Thomas Edison National Historical Park).
The shelter's normal hours are Monday through Friday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Animal Welfare League's Wish List
Even if you cannot adopt, the Animal Welfare League is seeking donations in the form of pet food and other pet related items. The following is a list of the its most urgent needs:
• Old towels;
• Dog -- preferably Pedigree dog, both canned and dry;
• Cat food -- preferably Friskies canned or IAMS dry cat food;
• Liquid laundry detergent;
• Dish detergents;
• Fabric softener sheets;
• Paper towels;
• Dog leashes and collars;
• Expandable or break-away cat collars;
• Dog and cat toys;
• Non-clumping, clay cat litter -- preferably Fresh Step.