The office of Mayor Robert Parisi and the West Orange Recreation Department are hosting a safe, Halloween alternative program for township residents only Monday afternoon from 1-5 p.m. at the Liberty Middle School, 1 Kelly Drive, officials said.
Because of safety issues following Hurricane Sandy that might make getting around the township difficult, the recreation department will host a free movie marathon and dinner, as well as distribute Halloween candy, for anyone in attendance.
The township announced the following tentative movie schedule:
- 1 p.m. – iCarly’s Halloween Adventure
- 1:30 p.m. – SpongeBob and the Hash Slinging Slasher
- 2 p.m. – Scooby Doo Halloween Mystery
- 2:30 p.m. – West Orange Rec’s Halloween Movie Collage
- 3:15 p.m. – Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Following the conclusion of the last movie at 4:15 p.m., the township will provide a free light Halloween dinner and refreshments.