The North Essex Chamber of Commerce will host the 10th Annual Taste of Essex Monday from 6 to 9 p.m., at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. In honor of 10 years, here are 10 reasons to attend the annual fundraiser where you can sample food from 40 area restaurants.
10. The chamber's signature event is turning 10 and you are not one to miss a big celebration.
9. More than 300 area residents attended last year clearly making this the place to be.
8. The event benefits the North Essex Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund; approximately $3,000 was raised in 2010 for a local student.
7. The chamber has been helping build business relationships in Greater Essex County since 1969.
6. For 50 bucks, you get to sample food from 40 Essex County restaurants — now that’s a bargain.
5. There's still time to order tickets online at the discounted advance price of $50 at www.northessexchamber.com. Tickets will be $60 at the door.
4. Beer and wine tastings.
3. Other perks like live music, a 50/50 raffle and a gift auction.
2. A chance to be a food critic. As an attendee, you get to vote on your favorites in the annual Taste of Essex Awards.
1. It's Monday night — and who feels like cooking?
For more information about the event or how you can donate, contact the North Essex Chamber Office at 973-226-5500 or visit www.northessexchamber.com.