1. The township council will meet Tuesday night at municipal chambers. The conference meeting agenda will begin at 6:30 p.m. and honor the business of the month and the employee of the month. The public meeting agenda will begin at 7 p.m. See attached agendas for more information.
2. The zoning board will meet Thursday at 8 p.m. at township hall.
3. Essex County's is slated to begin Tuesday. The program will run for six-weeks, from Jan. 17 to Feb. 23, at the South Mountain Reservation, the Eagle Rock Reservation and the Hilltop Reservation. The reservations will be closed every Tuesday and Thursday until the end of the hunt.
4. Keep Life In the Park (K.L.I.P.) is staging a protest Sunday against the fifth annual deer hunt. The protest will take place at the Essex County Satellite Office at the in West Orange from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. For more information contact KLIPNJ@aol.com.
5. West Orange's begins Thursday at the library at 7 p.m. Joseph Fagan will present, "The Life of Civil War General George B. McClellan in West Orange."
6. The now in its seventh season, will be showing L'ATALANTE (1934) directed by Jean Vigo this Sunday at 2 p.m. The festival is held at the . Each film is briefly introduced, then followed by a film chat led by a rotating cast of experts.
Jean, the young captain of the barge, marries Juliette, a village girl who has never left home before. But when Juliette tires of her new life, she slips off the ship to discover the delights of Paris, leaving Jean heartbroken. Considered one of the most beautiful films ever made, L'Atalante became a favorite of the filmmakers of the French New Wave.
To see a schedule of upcoming showings, click here.