Invite a friend
Susan G. Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure
WALK WITH US. RUN WITH US. HAVE FUN WITH US.
Join us for the 2012 Susan G. Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure.
Sunday, May 6, 2012, 7:00am-12:00pm
6:00a - Shuttles start from Livingston Mall Parking Lots to Race Site
7:00a - Registration Opens / Packet Pickup Available / Survivor Tent Opens
8:00a - EXPO opens / Stretch and Aerobic Warm Up Begins
8:15a - Race Start Line Presentation
8:30a - RUN: 5K Timed Run begins
9:15a - Survivor Procession
9:30a - Survivor Ceremony
10:00a - WALK: 5k and 1.5m Fun Walk BEGINS
10:45a - Main Stage: Post-Race Ceremony: Thank You’s
11:05a - Enjoy the music of the Infernos
1:00p - Last Shuttle back to the Livingston Mall
PLACE: Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex, West Orange, NJ
Pat Battle, NBC4 Co-Anchor, “Weekend Today in New York” and 2012 Race for the Cure Survivor Ambassador Ambassador
Anthony Johnson, WABC-TV Reporter, “Eyewitness News Team”
Master of Ceremonies & 2012 Race for the Cure Co-Survivor Ambassador
The Infernos, the ultimate American show band; Kate Corrigan, Singer/Songwriter; South Orange Pipe & Drum Corp, Cicely Tyson Community School Marching Band, and more!
Approximately 5,000 people are expected to be on site for the 2012 Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure. Race Day activities will include a 5k timed run, a 5K walk and a 1.5 mile walk. There will be a special Survivor Tent, Survivor Procession and Ceremony, an Expo area with free give-aways, an I AM THE CURE® booth to learn more about breast self-awareness, a new “Blue Wave in a Sea of Pink” Male Breast Cancer Awareness initiative, food, a Komen for the Cure merchandise tent, and plenty of activities to keep the kids busy. Throughout the day, The Infernos will be performing from the Main Stage. After the Race, participants may want to stay and visit Codey Arena, the Turtle Back Zoo and Safari Mini Golf, all easily accessible from the Race site (a special $5.00 per person, per venue rate is offered to Race participants for the day, courtesy of Essex County.)
About the Susan G. Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure
The Susan G. Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure brings together thousands of women, men and children from northern New Jersey and beyond to raise funds that support education, screening and treatment services to uninsured and underinsured men and women in the Affiliate’s nine-county service region. What we raise here; stays here. Of the net funds raised, 75% funds life-saving programs in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren counties; the remaining 25% is earmarked for breast cancer research aimed at finding a cure for this terrible disease that affects the lives of so many individuals. Since its founding in 1997, Komen North Jersey has awarded over $14.7 million in local community grants, and has directed approximately $6.4 million to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program for breast cancer research.
For additional information, or make a donation, visit www.komennorthjersey.org/race, or call 908-277-2904, ext. 14.
|Where||Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex 560 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 am–12:00 pm|
|Phone||908-277-2904, ext. 14|
|Price||Runners -$35, Walkers -$30, Teens (ages 11-17)-$20, Kids (ages 10 and under)-$15|
More About Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex
This complex houses the Turtle Back Zoo, the Richard J. Codey Arena and several other state-funded recreational programs. It is a popular spot for West Orangers to find quality family and student entertainment. The park has been operating since 1862.