Invite a friend
Meet Author Myla Goldberg
Bestselling author Myla Goldberg will read from her latest book, The False Friend. This evocative novel explores the unreliable nature of memory and the long-lasting effects of a lie. “Goldberg uses beautiful, emotionally descriptive language to keep us with one ear to the ground, listening for the slow, quiet footsteps of creeping tragedy,” according to Booklist. Ms. Goldberg is also the author of Bee Season. Richard Gere and Juliette Binoche starred in the movie version of Bee Season. Advance registration is recommended.
Funding for this event is provided by Peter, Jonathon, and Alice Messeri. Their donation to the Library was made in honor of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Messeri. Mrs. Messeri is a former West Orange school librarian and an avid reader. Light refreshments will be served.
More About West Orange Public Library
Located on Mount Pleasant Avenue in West Orange, the West Orange Public Library offers a wide selection of books, periodicals, databases and more for West Orange residents. The library also offers computer and internet access, in addition to hosting regularly scheduled events for adults and children. For a complete listing of resources, visit the West Orange Public Library website.
Other events here
- Stupendous Sports - Special Needs Program at West Orange Library Mon, Jun 3, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Creative Connection April 10, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 7:15 pm–8:30 pm
- West Orange Writer's Group April 11, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Rock STARfish - Summer Reading Kickoff at West Orange Library Wed, Jun 26, 7:00 pm
- Book Buds at West Orange Library Weekly on Mondays, 3:00 pm
- Earthly Delights at West Orange Library Mon, Jul 8, 4:30 pm
- Night Crawlers Storytime at West Orange Library Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm
- Little Sprouts Storytime at West Orange Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:30 am
- Blooming Bookworms Storytime at West Orange Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 11:30 am
- Rooted Readers Storytime at West Orange Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 4:00 pm