Find out what is happening around town this week in the West Orange Patch's weekly calendar.
This week in West Orange features a golf tournament, stand-up comedy, an art exhibit, library programs and public meetings.
Know of something in town that is not listed? Then post it in the comment section below! This calendar is intended to be a place where residents can contribute and add their own events, fundraisers, programs, meetings, club gatherings, hobby/interest groups, and so on.
The tourament is co-sponsored by the West Orange Recreation Department and the West Orange Elks Lodge #1590.
Senior golf events are open to West Orange residents over the age of 55. The registration fee is $90. The event begins with a check in at 7:45 a.m. that includes a breakfast. A shotgun start follows at 8:30 a.m.
Following golf, a buffet dinner is served at the Elks Lodge, 424 Main St. The dinner theme for this event is “Summer BBQ.”
For more information call the Rec Dept at 973-325-4150.
Teen book buddies will read to children at the library. Children of all ages are welcome.
Participants will set up an email account, and learn how to send and read emails. Attendees must be comfortable using the mouse and the keyboard.
• The West Orange Public Library will hold a story time for preschoolers at 11 a.m. and one for elementary school students at 4 p.m., 46 Mt Pleasant Ave., West Orange, NJ. Both of these story times are free.
• Paint your own quilt squares during this crafts workshop at the West Orange Public Library at 3 p.m., 46 Mt Pleasant Ave., West Orange, NJ. The squares will be connected to make a large quilt that will hang at the library. This workshop is for children in pre-K through grade 5. This is a free event.
• The Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. in town hall, 66 Main St.
• The Planning Board will meet at 8 p.m. in town hall, 66 Main St.
Sussman's works will be the second in the Cafe Series sponsored by the Guerilla Galleries at the Red Eye Cafe. The Cafe Series features monthly solo exhibits of both emerging and established artists working in a myriad of disciplines, styles and mind-sets displayed before a hungry audience for both incredible food and stimulating art.
More information about Sussman and her works can be found at www.heidisussman.com.
Hosted by Michael Che (Caroline's on Broadway), named one of Comedy Central's "Comics to Watch", Luna Stage’s Stand-Up Comedy series features comedy from the tri-state area’s up and coming comics seen on MTV, NBC, Comedy Central, and comedy clubs across the country.
Bring some friends or make it a date night, but leave the little ones at home -- this is an evening of humorous fun for the mature audience.
The entrance fee is $10. For more information, call 973-395-5551.
• The weekly farmers market will be set up from noon to 6 p.m. in the parking lot of town hall, 66 Main St.