Menorah Lightings and Hanukkah Happenings
Celebrate the Festival of Lights in Essex County
Today at sundown, the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah begins with the lighting of the first candle on the Menorah. Thoughout our area, celebrations and lightings will occur. Patch has compiled a list of local Hanukkah events, so please read on for details, and enjoy the holiday!
Menorah lightings around the area include:
- West Orange Town Hall, 66 Main St, West Orange, Wednesday,
December 21, 3:30 pm
- Congregation Beth El, 222 Irvington Ave, South Orange, Wednesday,
December 21, 5:30 pm
- CareOne at Livingston, 68 Passaic Ave, Livingston, Thursday,
December 22, 11:00 am
- Maplewood Village, Maplewood Ave & Highland Pl, Maplewood,
Thursday, December 22, 6:30 pm
- Livingston Mall, 112 Eisenhower Pkwy, Livingston, Monday, December 26, 5:00 pm
- Green Hill Retirement Community, 103 Pleasant Valley Way, West
Orange on Monday, December 26 at 10:30 a.m.
- Van Dyk Manor, 42 N. Mountain Avenue, Montclair on Tuesday, December 27 at 10:30 a.m.
- Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC MetroWest, 760 Northfield Ave., West Orange Tuesday, December 27 at 12:30 p.m.
Other area Hanukkah events include:
Temple Emanu-El, 264 W Northfield Rd, Livingston is hosting Celebrate Chanukah with Chopsticks on Friday, Dec. 23 at 6:30 p.m. Celebrate a Chanukah Shabbat at Temple with services, candles, a traditional Chinese food dinner, and a movie. $18 for Adult and $15 per child to age 15, or maximum of $60 per family
Lubavitch Center Shul, 395 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange is conducting a Hanukkah Party with brunch, games, art projects, balloons and entertainment on Sunday, Dec. 25 at 11 a.m.
Bnai Keshet, 99 S Fullerton Ave, Montclair will host Latkepalooza
at Bnai Keshet on Friday, Dec. 23 at 6:30 p.m. Hanukkah
celebration featuring: Latkes fried on the spot and kugel too, activities for kids, special dining area for adults and Kabbalat Keshet – Lively, family-friendly, musical Shabbat Hanukkah. Free!
Lubavitch Center Shul, 395 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange will hold their annual Hanukkah Parade around West Orange on Tuesday, Dec. 27 beginning at 6 p.m. The parade starts at the offices of the Friendship Circle, located inside the Valley National Bank building, 66 W. Mount Pleasant Ave. in Livingston and winds its way through both Livingston and West Orange before ending at the Lubavitch Center.